Friday, August 11, 2017

Bent Ink




Atlanta is hot and wet and it isn't the humidity. Come and play in Little Five Points Georgia as the tribe of friends and family witness changes that challenge everything they've protected and worked toward. 
 
Bentley (ATL Midtown series by Nichole Harris) was content. Right? Sure, he was a principle at an advancing tech company. The creator was his mentor and the culture of the company fit him perfectly. His predilection for ink and piercings meant nothing there. It allowed him to be back in Atlanta, close to his sister and not too damn close to his Mother in Augusta. His other family was dormant at the moment. Just like he liked it. Just as they should be. He had a great gym where he could train and spar. 

Hell he even had somewhat of a social life because of an embarrassing attempt to reconnect with an old girlfriend. He had made several friends in the city. Everything was settling out nicely. He went to a holiday party and just as quickly as a thunderstorm could darken the sky in June, Amy Brody turned his way. It was a beginning. If he managed not to be strung up by her brother and friends, it could be a beginning. He should run. He new he should, but he wouldn't, he couldn't. She already had a part of him he swore was dead.  

Amy-I had been damn near dead for over two years and out of nowhere this man appeared. I had no reason or right to trust him, but I did. I not only trusted him, I was mesmerized by him. He was a blond leopard with ice blue eyes that pierced me. William Bentley Carter III came to my tattoo shop and took me to coffee. Then he gave me my first sexual kiss in over two years. It was delivered with aggression and hunger. Given my past, how could I allow it? I drank it in like a starving inmate.




No comments:

Post a Comment