Monday, April 15, 2019

Infernally Yours




Infernally Yours by Molotov Mitchell is a collection of letters, missives, and communiques discovered in a deep hole in the ground near Death Valley,California. Presumably, the hole is an opening to Hell itself and these fascinating letters cover much ground over what went on down there during theAmerican time period of the Revolutionary War. Various satanic military personnel discuss a 'Legendary' named George Washington at great length.Despite their greatest efforts to undermine him, Washington manages to escape real harm and deception at every turn. It's an amusing read to see how politics and petty one-upmanship prevails in Hell as well as on Earth. 
The letters are written with great charm (albeit evil charm), wit(malevolent wit) and wicked humor. 
MAPCIT Raven spell, I have recently read Cpt. Dillydoubt's pathetic excuse for an intelligence report and am overly displeased. Not only was his letter ridiculously long and boring, but the profiles seemed slapdash, at best. I never got a real feel for the men I was reading about, which is why I ordered the report in the first place. Worst of all, the toad had the audacity to advise me, Rustcut the Rotten! Who is this imp who speaks as if I were an equal? If I'd wanted the Captain's opinion, I would have cut it out of him with a spoon!
There are copies of an infernal newsletter (Malicious Minutes) that reported community happenings, like the successful campaign to feminize Frenchmen in that time period and other breaking news:
Satanic Subscribers, I hope you're all having an awful year. I know I am. Recently,Western Command has undergone several changes. Rumors are swirling, so for this edition of MM, I thought we'd clear the air on two red hot topics. Minute 1:After being recommissioned to India, SS Ouroboros was brought before theProgress Commission for eating Lt. Scalywick. That is correct, the rumors are true. I saw it coming and sure enough, that larded lummox ate his own lieutenant. However, because of his truly satanic record, Principalities broke with tradition and did not feed him to the Worm (as other agencies have erroneously reported). Instead, he was cast into the Pit for reeducation. He is to be replaced by Scalywick himself, once the lieutenant has reconstituted.
I found this book to be delightfully different. It's a well-written humorous look at satanic personalities with a peek into their culture. The pages are accompanied by wonderfully-drawn illustrations as well. Recommended for history buffs and horror/fantasy fans alike. It's not often that a truly original concept comes along, but this is one. I just hope there's going to be a second book soon. 
- Susan Durbec
  HUGEOrange Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment