Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Power To Heal My Whole Self



Often, the emotions associated with the feeling of being powerless are as a result of one’s fundamental flaw as a human being. Individuals can have a staggering level of low self-esteem, causing thoughts and feelings of worthlessness and despair to rise to the surface. They endure and suffer so much. It is essential too for them to address these thoughts and feelings that they carry within, to acknowledge their existence, and work towards facing them head-on.

Healing is usually more challenging because it is mainly about the individual and having the courage to face their fears and not any of the specific actions involved in the healing process. Feeling powerless has many forms and manifests itself within individuals in various ways. It differs from human to human; however, there are a few standard features shared across each human that has ever felt it. Some of these features include strong physical responses, uncomfortable thoughts, and troublesome behavioral patterns.

This feeling of powerlessness has many components. It is achingly painful and echoes within. It can even affect an individual in ways that can paralyze attempts to curb it. Consequently, it can cause the individual to withdraw emotionally and physically disconnect themselves from others.

I chose to write this book, Power to Heal My Whole Self, to direct attention to this topic because many persons do not truly understand how being powerless feels. Those who do are too afraid to talk about it and confront it. I struggled through the majority of my life with these feelings of being unworthy or good enough to be loved. Despite the progress I have made in acknowledging these feelings, even I still, at times, being drawn back to the same sentiments time and time again. One thing I failed to understand during my discovery phase was the greater importance of other individuals suffering from the same feelings. Thankfully, working with my clients helped me to understand this. Similarly, through them, I began to question things:

Why hadn’t they ever addressed these feelings?

Why were they just comfortable with masking their feelings of not feeling good enough?

Once I began helping them accept themselves and that they were worthy, lovable, and that their existence was meaningful, it spurred me on to continue to help others as well. I wanted to be there with them on their journey of self-realization; to guide them towards realizing their dignity, pride, and self-worth.

Power to Heal My Whole Self explores why individuals trapped in suffering cannot improve their lives. It explains why they need to understand what being powerless is, where it comes from, and how to move towards the healing process.








No comments:

Post a Comment