Monday, January 31, 2022

Return to Human


Return to Human:

How Modern Medicine, the Media and the Mundane Have Destroyed our Health and How to Move Back Towards Optimal Health


My book is simply about my journey in learning how to learn. A few years ago I realized I fit the exact definition of a depressed individual. I despised myself. I had no motivation. I found no real joy in anything. After brutal internal conflict and contemplating taking my own life for a year, I finally decided I couldn't go through with it. I couldn't cause so much pain to the people I loved. So, if I was going to live, I committed myself to learning everything I could about health and wellness to try to heal myself and enjoy life again. I needed to cut through the crap and find what REALLY makes someone healthy or sick.

The pandemic didn't help. Misinformation from all sides made it increasingly difficult to figure out what was going on in the world. On the one hand, the increasingly dogmatic ancestral health community argues that all modern science is bad and we should just “live like our ancestors”. On the other hand, we have scientific dogma which ignores the importance of our evolutionary past and argues that our living like our ancestors is dangerous and misguided.

In a world plagued by dietary and health dogma, I wanted to not only pull myself out of depression, but also bring all of the health information I was learning to as many people as possible. At a time when most people feel disempowered about their health, I wanted to provide a comprehensive, no BS guide to improving their health, enhancing immune function, and dramatically reducing the risk of most chronic disease which plague humanity today.



  



No comments:

Post a Comment