Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Always With Me

 


Always With Me: 

The Racing Hearts Series(Book 1) -

 A Steamy Second Chance at First Love


Gracie 
I was in high school, when a college guy with a thousand watt smile walks into the barn. Every girls dream, tall, golden tan, with medium blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. My stomach feels like an Olympic platform diver is doing two and half twists inside of me. He was my first kiss as well as my first and only love. I’m thankful I didn’t give him my virginity like I wanted too. In every regard, he was a gentleman with me. However, it only took a month apart for him to shred me like New Year's Eve confetti.

I ran to Ireland to escape his memory to pursue my dreams of becoming a horse trainer. But no matter what I did or where I went, my heart ached like a million needles punctured the very muscle keeping me alive. 

It’s been over a year since that horrible night when he wrecked me, but I knew there would come a day when our paths would cross once again. My dad had a horse running in the Kentucky Oaks. Brandon’s horse, Silver Lining. When I see him holding his little sister, he flashes me that boyish grin and there was no denying the seismic level of activity shifting between us but there was one problem. I don't want revenge. I want him but there is no way a gorgeous, built successful man like Brandon has waited for me. Oh, so maybe there are multiple problems.

Brandon:
At the time, she was considered forbidden fruit. There was no denying our physical attraction and considering my reputation, I did well to only take a small bite. I loved her, even if she doesn’t believe it. But at the first sign of trouble, I failed to trust her and believe in her. So instead of turning to her when I needed her most, I locked her out of my life.

I spent years becoming worthy of her love only to encounter new barriers. She told me once in a low and gentle voice, “Take the road that leads to me.” I’ve tried every road, every path. I’ve crossed oceans and countries trying to find that road. No obstacles were going to stand in my way. Not a boyfriend. Not an ocean. Not even my secret job. Gracie was meant for me.

Time again, horses bring us together but before we can build a solid foundation, secrets of the present and pain of the past may destroy us.








No comments:

Post a Comment