Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Backbone

 



This is a story of growing up in a dysfunctional and abusive household and still managing to survive and even thrive

Unfortunately, I am not alone in having an abusive childhood and far too many people find themselves caught in a similar situation. They all have a story to tell; this is MY story.

I grew up in a small Southern town in the 1970s and 1980s. My father was an abusive alcoholic and my mother was co-dependent. The writing of this book was not easy for me. I had to revisit deeply painful moments from my past as did my siblings and mother who shared with me, their own recollections.

My wish is that my story will provide hope and encouragement for those who find themselves caught in dysfunctional families and relationships.

For those who are lucky enough to have had a more functional childhood yet now find themselves in a relationship with someone who didn’t; I hope this book provides a better understanding of the affects childhood trauma can have on the adults we become.

The time is now for me to share the story of how I learned that in spite of any circumstance, we have the power to change, rise above, face down our own demons and have a Backbone.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment